Saturday, January 14, 2012

Small Girl, BIG Stuff

I'm really not a fan of small things. Maybe because I'm already tiny. I'm 4'11 (5' in my driver's license, hehe) and usually get my clothes from the Petite section of Top Shop or Dorothy Perkins. The car that I  drive is a Mitsubishi Adventure. I have a HUGE voice. In short (haha), I want 'em chunky.

I am in love with jewelry! I remember buying a tri-colored bracelet when I received my first paycheck back in 1999. And it's but fitting that my first, official post is about something I'm so obsessed with.

I love BIG RINGS! Don't get me wrong, I have the necessities like a pair of matching earrings, ring and a necklace, or small diamond studs, which I usually wear to my meetings. But big rings are statement pieces. You can wear something simple and match it with a big ring, for maximum impact. Here are some of my pieces for your viewing pleasure.

Bought this vintage looking ring from, believe it or not, BF Ruins! It goes up to about half of my pointer finger, just the way I like 'em. This pretty much goes with any outfit. SO in love with this piece!
Connector rings are my new favorite thing. Connector, because it goes in both your pointer and middle finger.  I first saw connector rings on Laureen Uy's site, stylebreak.com. Been a fan of these babies every since.
More connector rings!
Like I said earlier, I'm into CHUNKY rings. Don't be afraid of buying rings with weird colors. Here are some of my favorite pieces!
These are the ones that always get the most attention. The snake one was a great find at the Cuenca Bazaar some two years ago. The red one is my all time favorite. I call it my 'power' ring, red being my power color.

You should always have a big, white ring. Or a crystal one. Or a simple one like purple.

To safekeep your babies, buy one of those ring cases (has a glass encasing). I badly need to buy another one of these.
You can choose to wear 1 ring, or more, for much drama.
No need to go SUPER big, though. You don't want to distract your client by wearing something Wolverine-y in attention.

Are you into rings as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment